Project: Mediateque St. Malo
Location: St. Malò - France
Design of furnishings for the new media shop in Saint Malo, France. The supply consists of:
- Hub Foyer: Reception and reading space, consisting of two Corian rings that reach different levels of height, supported by a MDF structure and painted metal blades, with plexiglass braces that only play aesthetic “pinch” . As a completion of the space, the workplates and the seats, which were covered in technical fabric, were designed and fitted.
- Hub Enfance: Playing space and reading for children, consisting of a ring in Corian supported by a MDF frame. Inside the ring, there were box boxes for games or books. Two plexiglass braids perform aesthetic “pinch” function. As a completion of the space, the workplates and the seats, which were covered in technical fabric, were designed and fitted.
- Hub Automaté: White matte lacquered MDF structure, used for redrawing books. The product is built on two levels, so it can be accessed even for the disabled, and is equipped with a monitor, printer and RFID reader.
- Boite numerique: Metal and wood frame, listening to and watching CD / DVD. It is also accessible to disabled people thanks to an ad hoc interior space and a motorized sliding door. A sound absorbing panel was placed inside the structure, and an air exchange system was also designed.
- Table Presentoir: Table top with MDF top and metal tubular structure, with plexiglass braces for lecture function. They are used to present novelties to the public in literary terms.
- Caisson de retour: MDF mounted on wheels, used to rebuild the books borrowed from the users and then returned to the mediatec shelves.